There are more than 14 million caregivers of Alzheimer’s Disease or other Dementia. Those of us who have been caregivers know first-hand just how difficult it can be. Taking care of the caregiver is critical, and a Caregiver Support Group is often an important ingredient of the caregiver experience. Below is the list of caregiver support groups that Vitas Healthcare offers throughout MIami-Dade County. Not sure what to do? Please give Norma Trabanco a call at 786-306-8450. You’ll be glad you did!
- FIU- Student Health Center: Room 482 (Green Library); 11200 SW 8th Street, Miami, 33199 – English Support Groups: Last Friday of the month: 11am-1pm.
- East Ridge Retirement Center: 19301 SW 87th Avenue, MIami, 33157 – English Support Groups: Last Friday of the month: 2pm- 4pm.
- The Residences of United Homecare: 9355 SW 158th Ave, Miami,33196 – English & Spanish Support Groups: 4th Tuesday of the Month Hours: 6:30pm-8:30pm.
- Easter Seal of South Florida:1475 NW 14th Ave, Miami, 33125 – English & Spanish Support Group: 1st Friday of the Month: 4:30pm – 6:30pm.
- West Gables Rehabilitation Center: 2525 SW 75th Ave, MIami, 33155 – Spanish Support Group: 1st Tuesday of the Month: 6:30pm-8:30pm.
- Homestead Manor Nursing Home 1330 NW 1st Ave, Homestead, 33030 – English Support Groups: 1st Wednesday of the Month: 3:30pm-5:30pm.
- Easter Seals of South Florida. Hialeah Center,489 Hialeah Drive, Suite 7, Hialeah, 33010:English & Spanish Support Group:2nd Friday of the Month:4:00pm-6:00pm.
Every Three Months
- Hialeah Hospital. 651 East 25th Street, Hialeah, 33013: Special Presentation.